Saturday 2 February 2013

Bargain buys and blog beginnings

Yesterday while I was eating lunch and hanging out on the raverly forums on my ipad mini I noticed a post from a fellow raveler in the Canberra Crew group, who had spotted copies of Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel at a local discount bookshop for only $5. Now I don't normally buy knitting books, because, well, money is really for YARN isn't it? But $5 is pretty cheap and I'd looked at this book in the past so I thought I would check it out.

On my way home from work I stopped in at the Canberra Centre and after quite a bit of looking I found the books right in front of me (if it was a snake it would have bitten me as my Mum used to say :-) ) picked one up and headed to the checkout. The assistant only asked for $2.50, apparently they were having a half price sale! I can hardly believe it could be so cheap.


Doyou have this book? Have you made anything from it? I think the Back to School U-neck Vest was the main reason I'd looked at this book before so I've added it to my raverly queue. Perhaps I should cast-on on Tuesday as my boys all go back to school after the summer holidays then?

After a late dinner I started working on the blog a bit more, found the raverly wiki with all the buttons etc but still need to learn a bit more to get them in. Technically I know html or at least I learnt it a long time ago but I haven't really done much with it, so bear with me whilst I get up to speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment